Here are some common questions our clients ask.
Cambodia is truly beautiful country and a photographers dream: the Khmer people are very friendly and approachable and often enjoy engaging with foreigners. Mix this in with the breathtaking temples of Angkor in the Siem Reap province as well as the floating villages of the Tonle Sap lake and one begins to get an idea why this is a must-visit destination for photographers. Tourism has been growing exponentially in recent years and every day bus-loads full of tourists flock to the temples at Angkor, but don’t let this put you off: with our experience we will take you to some of the hidden gems of Angkor, but also take you to the larger temples at the best times of day from a photography perspective when the crowds are less and the light-conditions ideal.
Sadly Cambodia is associated with years of internal conflict and the scars are still visible, but like Cambodia’s national flower, the lotus, this proud country is blossoming once again and showing the world the true beauty it has to offer.
When to Travel?
Cambodia offers great photographic opportunities all year round and that is why we also offer tours throughout the year.
November to March is the peak season for tourism– December and January are particularly busy, because the temperatures are the most tolerable during this time. April and May are the hottest months of the year, but there are less tourists around.
The monsoon season lasts from around May/June through to October/November. The rain is not constant: it comes down in short, intense spells, mostly during the afternoon. This season is a great time for photography: the vivid green countryside and rice paddies, floating villages on the Tonle Sap lake and stormy/atmospheric skies provide a picture perfect backdrop for landscape photography. The added bonus is that during this time there are also fewer tourists around.
What VISA do I need to get for Cambodia?
If you are staying less than 1month, apply for a Tourist visa (also called “T” visa), it is a single entry, valid 30 days:
– Apply for a e-visa online – USD30* + USD7 (processing charge)
– Apply when you arrive at the airport – USD30* + USD2 (if no photo)
* USD35 from 1st July 2017
If you are planning to stay more than 1month, apply for an Ordinary visa (also called “E” visa or Business), it is a single entry, valid for 30 days but easily extendable. You can apply for this visa at any border.
It is essential that we, as photographers and visitors understand and respect the local culture. For us this is absolutely paramount. We will spend quite a bit of time discussing this with you before we go out to the field, because it is important that our behaviour is respectful and appropriate.
• Firstly we will have an in depth discussion about the local customs and culture
• We use guides with local knowledge
• We keep our groups small as to not overwhelm the locals
• We demonstrate awareness and respect in places of religious significance, family environments and local business areas
• We support local businesses and communities to show respect and gratitude for allowing us to practice photography in their community
• We encourage participants to learn a few key phrases in the local language: this also demonstrates respect to the local culture and is likely to result in a more enriching experience for everyone
• We make sure we do not leave behind any rubbish or anything else that is inappropriate
Before Booking a Tour
How do I book a tour?
Simply fill out the form on this page to let us know your dates and preferences. We’ll need a 20% deposit via Paypal to reserve your dates.
What if I need to cancel?
We understand that sometimes plans change. If you need to cancel your tour, we’ll give you a full refund (minus any Paypal fees we have incurred) so long as you cancel 30 days or more in advance.
We believe that it is important to take a flexible approach to the tours we offer: this way we can make the most of unique opportunities that present themselves and also better meet the needs of participants of our workshops. Furthermore we keep our groups small to encourage interaction with the instructor, guides and fellow participants. Our instructors are professional photographers and artists and we design our workshops to allow for ample instructive interaction.
The workshops also cover a wide range of subjects – exploring the towns & markets, attending local festivals and ceremonies or getting lost amongst the ancient temples and out in nature: all the time having an experienced instructor there to assist, provide tips and answer questions. Our aim is to provide an unforgettable experience where participants experience the beauty and rich culture of Cambodia whilst at the same time developing their photography skills through interaction with- and the support of professionals.
Please note, we do offer discounts for group bookings, early registration, booking more than one workshop, trip extensions or referring other participants.
Why come with us?
We are experienced professionals and furthermore we have thorough local experience: this enables us to meet your needs at all levels: whether it be learning more about the technical aspects of photography or simply requiring local knowledge to get to the off-the-beaten-track spots: we are able to deliver. In addition to this:
• With years of travelling experience we understand fellow travellers’ requirements
• We focus on offering a customised service to ensure your personal needs are met: we take great pride and helping you realise your personal goals for the trip
• We take safety very seriously and therefore do everything in our ability to ensure you are not put in harm’s way
• We love Cambodia and it’s people and therefore always ensure that we respect the locals, their culture as well as the beautiful nature of Cambodia
How much does it cost?
Our prices start at USD $110 for half day tours and USD $180 for full day tours.
Ask for a quotation using our CONTACT page, we usually reply within 24 hours.
We can provide accommodation that caters for all budgets and airport pick-up can also be arranged.
During the Tours
What should I wear?
Find everything you need to know about Angkor Code of Conduct and dress code, just click on this link
What gear do I need?
We will do our best to help you with whatever gear you have, and if you do not have any, please let us know in advance so we can provide you adequate gear.
Prices? Admission, avg. costs
See the information for each tours.
How can I pay?
Please send us an email for all payment details.